Friday & Saturday 9-10AM – Ancient Arts
Wake up your inner glow! This is a gentle full body morning stretch out . I combine Gentle Yoga and Belly Dance to move into the day with self-nurturing for the mind, body and spirit. Bring a towel or blanket for some padding as we will be on the wood surfaced, Gypsy Stage. Contact Person: Mira Alegria
Saturday 10am – 11am Movement for Exercise
Stretch, strengthen and move safely using basic dance. I will use Middle Eastern, Hula, Ballet movement Contact person: Princess Devi aNahtar Kaleci Safir, Ambassadress of Gypsy Village.
Friday 10-11:30AM – Beginning Bellydance
Movement workshop – all ages. Learn basic – beginner belly dance. Core movements and travel basics that can be strung together in any order to create an all rhythm dance. Contact Person: Princess Devi aNahtar Kaleci Safir, Ambassadress of Gypsy Village.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10AM-12PM History of Divination
This class will be an introductory to the history of divination, various types of divination, intuition, meditation, cleansing, proper smudging and item care. Followed by a workshop. We will cover many forms of divination with the primary focus being on tarot, palmistry, tea leaf, scrying, and runes. Contact person: Alicia Morin (Aisling Ailiyah) and Ryan Hanzal (Flynn “five toungue”)
Friday 11:30AM – 12:30PM – Tribal Gypsy Movement and Dance
Join Award winning Golden Girl of Bellydance Jeannie & The Gypsy Queen and learn some classic tribal style gypsy dance combinations. These dances are fun, upbeat and can be done as solo work and with groups. Wear a full skirt if you can some of the movements involve skirts!
Friday & Saturday 2PM – Mandatori Pyrat Nappy Time & Gypsy Cuddle Puddle
Manditori Pyrat Napy Tyme & Gypsy Cuddle Puddle Stop on by the Gypsy Village and rest a spell with us in the shade. Contact Person: Nickeless Nickelfull
Friday 2-3PM Gypsy Magic Sticks
Smalls, come design your Magic Gypsy Sticks with bright paint, glitter, fabric, and beads. Hang them from trees to blow wishes in the breeze, set them by your pillow for good dreams, make a small one to keep in your pocket for luck. Let the creative spirits guide you! contact person: Whim Hallow *Intended for children*
Friday 2-3PM and Saturday 1-2PM Gypsy Beads and Baubles
Join Crystal & Tempesti at Gypsy Village where you will learn to make your very own Gypsy Amulet from Beads and Baubles.
Friday 3-4PM – Being Gypsy, Stories, Dances & More
This is an event for all ages but especially an event for Buccaneers (teens). Learn a little about gypsy culture, and we have a few ideas up our sleeves to make you a gypsy too! Contact Person: Madame JeZeBeLe The Seadog Nation Gypsy Queen, Tempesti her sister & Mira
Friday 5-6PM – Romancing the Gypsy
Romance; the art of seduction. Learn the power of your internal goddess to whimsically and perhaps seductively get your way; in a lover, a life, a job; whatever your internal Gypsy desires. Contact Person: Princess Devi aNahtar Kaleci Safir, Ambassadress of Gypsy Village.
Friday 8-9:30PM – Gypsy Variety Show
It is with great pleasure to invite you to the 2nd annual Gypsy Village Variety Show. Come on over to Gypsy Stage around 8:30 to perform on our very own stage. This is a open mic style event. Contact Person: Nickeless Nickleful
Friday 7-8PM Gypsy Village Caravan Court
Gypsy Business, Gypsy Events, Honorable mention, our goals etc. Each person who is speaking at court has the ability to be announced to the general public attending Kye will be the crier for this event. Contact Person: The Gypsy Queen of Seadog Nation, Madame JeZeBeLe.
Saturday Noon – 2PM 16th Century Mens Shirt Construction
We will measure you and pattern historic mens shirts for you. We will discuss the construction of historic shirts and the process of construction. Bring paper and pencil. With Jeffrey.
Saturday 3-4PM Sacred Sexuality and Dance – 18 and Older
Join Morgan Award winning Bellydance USA Goddess of the year as she lectures about sacred sexuality & dance. This event is for 18 years and older.
Saturday 3:30-4:30PM Make a Dream Catcher
Come and make a small dream catcher. If you have anything you’d like of your own to add to your dream catcher please feel free to bring it. I will supply all the items needed. Come and enjoy.
Contact Person: Wendy Lady
Saturday 5-6PM Vardo Building and Traveling Living
How to design build a vardo using new or reclaimed products, Best practice for safety – quick tricks on time savers and storage ideas.. Contact person: Princess Devi aNahtar Kaleci Safir, Ambassadress of Gypsy Village
Saturday 5-6PM Music with Turkish Spoons and Zills
Turkish Spoons & Zills with Jeannie an award winning performer and this years Golden Girl of Bellydance 2016 as she hosts this musicality event in the Gypsy Village Hookah Den rhythm workshop in using wooden spoons & Finger Symbols.
Saturday 6-7PM – Tournament of Threads
Does your pirate hat command as much attention as you do? Join us this year for the First Annual Tournament of Threads! Outfit yourself with garb, accessories, swag and more courtesy of our on-site merchants – who will also be able to supply you with bribes for our Tournament judges. Show off your swagger, pay off the right people, and go home with fabulous prizes.
1) Each and every Merchant who chooses to participate will receive an envelope with the same number of Official Bribes in it, along with a short reprint of these rules and a poster advertising their participation in the game. There’s no limit to what merchants can participate. Traditional merchants, food vendors, roving merchants, whatever.
2) Merchants have full authority to distribute their bribes to attendees as they see fit. You can give a single Bribe to the first X customers, the first X customers that spend over $Y, proportionally based on purchase price, as a way to tip the scales for someone wavering on a purchase decision, all to one person who buys a $1000 kraken-hide coat with bioluminescent pauldrons… whatever YOU want based on how YOU run your business. My only respectful ask is that merchants who choose not to participate return the bribes to the Gamemaster, so nobody ruins the game by flooding the market by unearned bribes.
3) There is no cost to any Merchant to participate. I am not soliciting donations for prizes – you already get hit up enough by more worthy causes.
1) Outfit yourself with garb, accessories, swag and more courtesy of our varied market of on-site merchants. These merchants may offer bribes for our judges with their products, or you may want to find a way to entice some out of them.
2) Get creative. Bribing the judges is a huge part of this game, but we want you to look good, too. There will be a variety of prizes available, so don’t feel limited. No wrong decisions! Are you proud of your most authentic new waistcoat? Will you don your new horned headdress and face paint to portray a mythical maenad? Those breeches really bring out your… eyes…
3) Meet up at the appointed time for the competition! (The actual event time and location will be publicized per your expert scheduling skills.) One by one, you and our other contestants wow our discerning judges with your finery, skills and bribes bribes bribes! This will go down in a gong-show format. Your time on “stage” will be determined by a number of factors, so be prepared to bring it. Make some noise, shake your tail, pay someone off.
Contact Person: Astrid Tall-Broad
Saturday 8 – 9:30PM – Gypsy Stage Main Show
Live Musicans, Entertainers, and Award winning Performers on Gypsy Stage! Join us at 8:30pm, its a show you wont want to miss! Contact person: Nickeless Nickleful
Sunday Noon – 1PM – Dead Men Tell No Tales: Harlequin Gypsy Parade
Join us for the Annual Harlequin Gypsy Parade! This year’s theme “Dead Men Tell No Tales” is a piratical take on the Dance Macabre.
“Dance of Death, also called Danse Macabre, is an artistic genre of late-medieval allegory on the universality of death: no matter one’s station in life, the Dance of Death unites all.” Wikipedia. Start at Gypsy Village.
Contact Person: Carla Santini “Trista the Courtesan”